Waukesha County Federated Library System is seeking a student in the marketing, public relations, graphic design or closely related field. This is a flexible 15-20 hour per week position.
Typical duties and responsibilities will include:
- Marketing & Social Media, Web Site
- Develops marketing and outreach tools using various venues including a WCFLS website and a presence on social media.
- Assists member libraries in developing a presence on social media.
- Assists in the development and updating of web sites for member libraries including training of staff.
- Assists member library and WCFLS staff in developing and interpreting survey instruments.
- Graphic Design
- Creates graphic design for both web and print-based communications, including the visual design, implementation, assessment and management of the WCFLS website.
- Plans, designs and produces print and electronic promotional materials for the Library System and member library programs and services as requested.
- Public Relations
- Plans, writes, and disseminates news releases, e-newsletter, success stories, blogs, web content, exhibits, fact sheets and other written reports to internal and external audiences.
- Designs and implements surveys and focus groups, patron suggestion boxes, etc. to monitor community interests, opinions and needs.
- Participates in planning and implementing county or state-wide cooperative public relations activities.
Applicants should currently be enrolled in a Marketing, Public Relations, Graphic Design or closely-related Degree program. Recent graduates may also apply for consideration.
Salary Range: $8.46 - $14.12 per hour (depending on qualifications) Visit the Waukesha County Human Resources page for more information and application instructions.
The Pauline Haass Public Library is seeking a Library Clerk, part-time, year-round. The Library Clerk position averages 16 hours/week. Schedule includes daytime, evening and weekend hours (see below). Flexibility is needed to cover for coworkers’ vacations or illness. Applications due Sept. 2, 2014. Please visit the Pauline Haass Public Library web site for more information.
The Oconomowoc Public Library is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, and creative individual to serve as the Children Librarian. The Children’s department is a very active department with 5 story-times per week. Passion for service to children and teens, superior communication skills, and a MLS degree with background in children services required. As department of one, the preferred candidate must be able to work independently, be goal driven, and able to work collaboratively with other departments. Must be comfortable with marketing and social media. Starting salary $44,499 with excellent benefit package.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and completed application to: City of Oconomowoc, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 27, Oconomowoc, WI 53066. For additional info & application, please visit www.oconomowoc-wi.gov and click on Employment Opportunities listed under Human Resources Department. Applications and resumes must be received by 4 p.m. September 22, 2014. EOE/M/F/D/V.
Menomonee Falls Public Library in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin is located about 15 miles away from downtown Milwaukee. The 51,000 square foot library serves a population of 34666 residents and is a member of the Waukesha County Federated Library System. Our collection contains 149904 volumes and we circulate 385650 items per year.
Position: Library Reference Assistant - Part-time
Available Positions: Two (2) Openings
Duties: Provide reference service, reader's advisory, guidance in locating and choosing materials and instruction on the use of the library and its resources to patrons of all ages and abilities. Be familiar with computers and comfortable assisting patrons with basic computer questions. The ideal candidate will be able to provide service at either the youth or adult reference desk.
Requirements: Minimum of undergraduate degree from a four-year college. Ability to work under general supervision with latitude in exercising independent judgment and discretion subject to Library policies, procedures and professional practice. Good oral and written communication skills.
Hours and Salary: 20 hours/week, flexible schedule. Evenings and Saturdays required. $15 per hour.
Applications: All candidates must complete an official application. Applications and job descriptions are available at the Menomonee Falls Public Library or online at home.mf.lib.wi.us. Chosen candidates are subject to a background check and drug screening.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30 PM Wednesday, Sept. 10, 2014 at the Library.
Menomonee Falls Public Library
W156 N8436 Pilgrim Road
Menomonee Falls, WI 53151