Children’s Librarian Position Available at the Town Hall Library in North Lake.
3pm – 8pm Monday & Thursday evenings (10 hours per week).
Education/Abilities Required for Consideration:
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-Accredited institution, or comparable education/experience.
- Previous library work/customer service background desired.
- Knowledge of current trends in library service to children/young adults and the ability to develop and implement services to children/young adults preferred.
Key Duties Include:
- Plans, organizes and supervises after school story hours and programs.
- Selects materials for acquisition and withdrawal from print and non-print collections, as well as supervising the organization, maintenance, preservation, withdrawal and disposal of materials per library policy.
- Promotes and publicizes the services, programs and resources of the Children’s/Young Adult library.
- Works with schools and community agencies serving children in conjunction with Town Hall Library’s Children’s Coordinator.
- Maintains working knowledge of contemporary issues, trends and technology in the library profession through various professional development opportunities.
- Provides material search assistance and reader’s advisory assistance to patrons of all ages.
Starting wage for this position is $13.75 per hour.
Please send letter of application with resume and contact information for three references to:
Cheryl Schoenhaar, Library Director
Town Hall Library
PO Box 158
North Lake, WI 53064
Direct questions to email@example.com, or call 262-966-2933. Applications received by 4pm Friday, October 10, 2014 will be given first consideration.
The Oconomowoc Public Library is currently accepting applications for a part time Library Reference Desk Sub. Excellent customer service skills and a Master of Library Science Degree (MLS) required. Hours will vary as the position is on call. Excellent work environment and competitive hourly pay available.
Download Application. Applications are also available at the Oconomowoc Public Library, 200 South Street, Oconomowoc, WI 53066. Send or deliver cover letter, resume, and application to the Library address listed above. Applications and resumes must be received by September 26, 2014 by 5 p.m. For additional information, please contact the Oconomowoc Public Library at 262-569-2194. EOE/M/F/D/V.
The Waukesha Public Library is hiring Library Page/Shelvers - Circulation Services. Part-time Positions Available, 10 and 20 Hours per Week. Energetic, reliable individuals are needed to shelve library materials and perform related tasks. These tasks may include: sorting and shelving magazines, checking in and straightening up newspapers, re-filing microfilm, emptying book drops, keeping the shelves in Dewey Decimal order, organizing books to be re-shelved, and check-in of materials as needed. Schedule could include day, evening and weekend hours. Schedule flexibility is essential.
Graduation from high school
Basic knowledge of Dewey Decimal System
Ability to tactfully and courteously interact with library customers and staff
Starting wage is $10.39 per hour.
Applications and a detailed job description are available at the Reference Desk or on the Library website, www.waukesha.lib.wi.us. Please indicate on the application if you are interested in the 10 or 20 hour position. Apply by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 26, 2014 with application to:
Grant C. Lynch, Executive Director
Waukesha Public Library
321 Wisconsin Ave
Waukesha, WI 53186