9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Thursday, September 27, 2012
FOR LIBRARY STAFFS & MLIS STUDENTS ONLY
Presenter: Debra J. Schmidt, Loyalty Leader®
Libraries today are constantly reshaping themselves, shifting and flexing to meet the needs of our rapidly changing world. Resisting this is almost always a dead-end street.
However, fear and resistance to change in your workplace can actually be transformed into creativity and innovation. New opportunities can emerge when you quickly align yourself with new organizational needs and realities. Organizations reward people who adapt and embrace change. Managers put people in charge who support their efforts to initiate change within the organization. They respect people who get on board and commit to change. Often, those employees are groomed to become organizational leaders.
Come to this humorous, interactive and thought-provoking program and find out how to identify barriers to change, build rapport and reduce conflict. Debra J. Schmidt will teach you not only how to embrace workplace change, but actually enjoy it!
During this workshop, you will learn:
- Why it's natural to resist change
- What employees want their managers to do
- How to recognize the benefits of change
- How to effectively communicate changes to your co-workers
- 3 common change mistakes made by managers
- The 5 most important steps an employee can take during change
- How behavioral styles of employees respond causes them to respond differently to change
- How to increase productivity during change
- How to become a solution-oriented thinker
- How to increase your value to your boss
- How to be more positive at work
Debra J. Schmidt is an author, consultant, trainer and professional speaker. As owner of Loyalty Leader® Inc., Debra provides training, consulting and keynote addresses for professional organizations, Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, and trade associations throughout the US. She has a master's degree and over 30 years of business management experience in a wide range of industries. In addition to her frequent television appearances on Fox News in Milwaukee, Debra has been a featured guest on radio shows throughout the US. her articles have appeared in hundreds of magazines and on-line publications.
This program is sponsored by the public library systems in Southeastern Wisconsin: Eastern Shores Library System, Kenosha County Library System, Lakeshores Library System, Mid-Wisconsin Federated Library System, Milwaukee County Federated Library System, Waukesha County Federated Library System, and UW-Milwaukee SOIS.